Super Mario Quest DS is a game for DS. It is a 2D platformer, but unlike most platformers, there are 6 playable characters.
News comes out of a great treasure hidden in a secret cave underneath the Mushroom Kingdom. Bowser, of course, wants it, so he sends Bowser Jr. to look for it. Petey Piranha and King Boo come to the Mushroom Kingdom also to help him. The treasure, as Princess Peach finds out, is a magical, gold gemstone that will give Bowser the power to take over the Mushroom Kingdom. Bowser Jr. finds the gemstone, and is slowly returning to Bowser's Castle to bring the gemstone to his father. Mario teams up with Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, and Wario to chase Bowser Jr. across the kingdom before he gives the stone to his father. However, Bowser finds out and unleashes his army of enemies, as well as a few powerful monsters (the game's bosses). At the time that the player starts World 8, Bowser had already gotten the gemstone. This makes him super-powerful for the game's final battle.
The game is a sidescroller, but there is a health meter that goes up to 3 and can be refilled by coins, like Super Mario Galaxy. Also like Super Mario Galaxy, there is a mushroom that makes the health meter go up to 6, but it is a regular Super Mushroom instead of a starry mushroom. 1-Up Mushrooms, Fire Flowers, and Starmen are also in the game.
Power: *** Speed: *** Jump: ****
Power: ** Speed: *** Jump: *****
Power: ** Speed: *** Jump: *** Skill: Float
Power: ** Speed: **** Jump: *****
Power: ***** Speed: ** Jump: **
Power:* Speed: **** Jump: *** Skill: Hammer
The New Stats Are From Ultimate Mario9000.
- Mushroom Meadows: The meadows surrounding Toad Town with grass and tall mushrooms.
- Vine Forest: A pathway through the forest, leading to a spooky house in a dark grove.
- Rocky Cave: A mysterious cave with a lava chamber at the end.
- Sand Desert: A barren desert of sand, cactuses, and red rocks.
- Ocean Island: Two tropical islands in the sea, connected by a wooden bridge.
- Icy Mountain: A snowy hillside with pine trees and a village.
- Sky Land: A pathway through the clouds, leading to a crystal fortress.
- Towers of Bowser: The dark, lava-filled land surrounding Bowser's Castle.
The New Names Are From Ultimate Mario9000.