Mario Kart 9 is an upcoming Mario Kart game for the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS that will be the follow-up game of Mario Kart 8, a Wii U title, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Nintendo Switch title.it will also be the second Mario Kart game for the Nintendo Switch and the only game that is available for two platforms.
A prominent new addition is jetpacks, allowing players to zoom as fast as they can. Elements from Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart 7, and Mario Kart 8 are reused, such as Bikes and 2-Player online from Mario Kart Wii; and gliding, underwater driving, and kart customizing from Mario Kart 7; and anti-gravity, DLC, ATVs, and Mario Kart TV from Mario Kart 8. In addition, dune-buggies join the returning karts, bikes, and ATVs as a new class of vehicles.
Just To tell You No IC Tracks Are in The Game! This Is My Page Now! FreezingTNT!
Mario Kart 9 includes 40 Total drivers (15 starting drivers and 17 unlockable drivers). The following is the order of what weight classes go by in order from lightest to heaviest: Feather, Light, Medium, Cruiser, and Heavy.
- Mario (Medium)
- Luigi (Medium)
- Peach (Light)
- Daisy (Light)
- Yoshi (Light)
- Bowser (Heavy)
- Bowser Jr. (Medium)
- Donkey Kong (Cruiser)
- Wario (Heavy)
- Waluigi (Cruiser)
- Toad (Feather)
- Koopa Troopa (Feather)
- Boom Boom (Heavy; New Driver)
- Pom Pom (Heavy; New Driver)
- Master Boom Boom (Heavy; New Driver)
- Rosalina (Cruiser)
- Sprixie Princess (Feather; New Driver)
- Boss Sumo Bro. (Heavy; New Driver)
- Nabbit (Medium; New Driver)
- Pauline (Light)
- Toadette (Feather)
- R.O.B (Cruiser)
- Birdo (Light)
- Chargin' Chuck (Cruiser; New Driver)
- Metal Mario (Heavy)
- Kamek (Medium)
- Dry Bowser (Heavy)
- Miis (Any)
DLC racers Edit
Baddies Pack Edit
- Hammer Bro. (Light)
- Lakitu (Feather)
- Dry Bones (Feather)
- Wiggler (Cruiser)
- Petey Piranha (Heavy)
- King Boo (Cruiser)
- Para-Boom (Heavy; Alternate form of Boom Boom)
- Goomba (New Light)
- T-Rex (New Cruiser)
- Funky Kong (Cruiser)
- Sonic (New Cruiser)
Like Mario Kart 8, characters are unlocked at random by completing cups where fixed characters were unlocked by completing specific cups on specific engine classes in many cases but, a new character cannot be obtained if the same cup is played in the same engine class again; for example, if the 50cc Mushroom Cup is played and a new character is unlocked, then another character cannot be obtained from the 50cc Mushroom Cup. Additionally, unlockable characters appear as CPUs during races when they are not yet unlocked, making this game the second Mario Kart game to do so.
There are 40 tracks consisting of 20 new tracks (so far) and 20 retro tracks. As with the retro tracks from the Wii U and Switch installment, the retro tracks in this game features altered sections that incorporate the game's hang-glider, underwater, and anti-gravity features. The game features live-recorded music for the new tracks and the retro tracks. Nintendo also announced that there will be DLC courses as well.
|Mushroom Cup||Flower Cup||Star Cup||Mega Mushroom Cup||Special Cup|
|Mario Kart Stadium||Flooded Beach||Chain Chomp Canyon||Mushroom Island||Kamek's Library|
|Luigi Circuit||Mario Circuit||Toad Highway||Waluigi's Battlefield||Rosalina Circuit|
|Gigantic Beanstalk||Dinosaur Land||Boom Boom Airship||Musical Parade||Bowser's Castle|
|DK Rainforest||Evening Forest||Sumo Bro. Fortress||Shy Guy Village||Rainbow Road|
|Shell Cup||Banana Cup||Coin Cup||Leaf Cup||Lightning Cup|
|DS Figure-8 Circuit||N64 Wario Stadium||Wii Toad's Factory||Wii Wario's Gold Mine||Wii U Thwomp Ruins|
|Wii Daisy Circuit||GCN Mushroom City||GBA Riverside Park||U Sunshine
|3DS Rosalina's Ice World|
|GBA Ribbon Road||Wii U Electrodrome||3DS Shy Guy Bazaar||GBA Cheese Land||Wii Bowser's Castle|
|Wii U Cloudtop Cruise||3DS Neo Bowser City||N64 Bowser's
|DS Waluigi Pinball||DS Rainbow Road|
(Note - You guys can fill in this section! I'm very busy at the moment. :) )
Prison Mushroom Cup
- Baseball Grounds
- GBA Sunset Wilds
- Toadette Falls
- Candy Land
- SNES Rainbow Road
- GBA Rainbow Road
- GCN Rainbow Road (Reused in Raving Riders)
- Wii Rainbow Road
Mario Cap Cup
- Mario Park
- Mario City (Reused in Raving Riders)
- Mario Kart Colosseum
- GCN Mario Circuit
- GBA Peach Circuit
- Brock's Castle
- Egg Hangar (From Sonic)
- Wii Coconut Mall
Plus 2 DLC Characters: Tails (New Light) and Brockstar (Which Is Me) (New Heavy)
Battle Mode: Balloon Battle, Coin Runners
New Battle stages
- Dry Dry Tomb
- New Donk City
- Galaxy Pooper
- Mario Party Z
- N64 Double Deck
- GCN Tilt-A-Kart
- Wii Funky Stadium
- DX Sweet Sweet Kingdom
Grand Prix: Just like The same Time. You start On 25cc (Novice) 50cc (Easy), Then on 100cc (Normal), 150cc (Hard), Then Mirror (Very hard), 200cc (Even Harder), AND 200cc Mirror (VARIABLE)!!!
Time Tirals: Just like any Mario Kart It is still The Same. Now Expert Ghost Data Records Returns From MKWII.
VS: Solo Race and Vs Team
Battle: The Modes for this Game Are Balloon Battle and Coin runners!
Online: Just Like any Mario kart. It's Just The Same.
- Standard Kart
- Pipe Frame
- Bowser Golem
- Wario Car
- Mega Band
- Egg 2
- Waluigi Racer
- Standard Bike
- Bike Frame
- Bowser Bike
- Switch Bike
- Lignting Speeder
- Bullet Bill
- Boo Bikes
- I don't know
- Standard Wheel
- Standard Glider
- Peach Parsol
- Bowser Kite
- MKTV Glider
- Dinner Plate
- Paper Plane
- Music Glider
- ATV Glider
- Bowser Junior Kite
- Gold Kart: Win All cups on 100cc
- Gold Wheel: Unlock 10 Expert Ghost Data Records
- Gold Glider: Play 12 Time tirals.
Items found on the track Edit
- Item Box - Gives the player a random item. Items given are based on the player's position.
- Coin - Gives the player a small boost and increase top speed when more are collected, up to a max of 10.
New Items Edit
- Ice Flower - Same as Fire Flower, but shoots snowballs which will freeze opponents.
- Propeller Mushroom - Gives the kart a giant propeller which will allow the player to fly across the course for 20 seconds.
- Super Acorn - Allows the kart to have a tail and flying squirrel-like wings for a short time. With this item, racers can use them to fly across canyons for a short time.
- Awesome Nine - Gives the racer nine items that orbit around them. The items are: Green Shell, Red Shell, Banana, Mushroom, Star, Bob-omb, Blooper, Propeller Mushroom, and Mega Mushroom.
Returning Items Edit
- Green Shell - Travels in a straight line and knocks over a kart it hits. Three green shells orbit the player's kart, protecting them from incoming attacks.
- Red Shell - Homes in on the closest kart in front of the player and knocks it over. Three red shells orbit the player's kart, protecting them from incoming attacks.
- Banana - Protects the player from incoming items, and spins out other racers that hit it. Three bananas orbit the player's kart, protecting them from incoming attacks.
- Mushroom - Provides the player's kart with a small speed boost. Triple Mushrooms orbit the player's kart, providing them with three separate speed boosts.
- Feather - Causes the player to spin and leap in the air, providing a small speed boost upon landing, akin to a regular trick (characters will also perform a trick animation during the jump).
- Golden Mushroom - Provides the player's kart with continuous speed boosts for a short time.
- Fire Flower - Allows the player to throw fireballs for a short time that cause other karts to spin out on impact.
- Star - Provides the player invincibility from all terrain and items, and also giving a speed boost. Also, the player will not lose any coins if you fall.
- Blooper - Sprays ink on all racers ahead and reduces their visibility. The racers hit also lose a few of their traction while sprayed.
- Bob-omb - Explodes after a short time when thrown or dropped, knocking over any kart in its blast radius.
- Boo - Upon use, allows the player to become invisible to other racers for 10 seconds. While invisible, players will also be granted immunity to items and most obstacles. Activating the item will also allow Boo to steal an item from a randomly selected racer in front of the player. If there are no items to steal, Boo will bring back a single Mushroom by default. If Boo steals a part used triple item, or a timed item like the Fire Flower or Golden Mushroom, they will be returned to the player fresh.
- P-Balloon - Allows the player float in air within a P-Balloon attached to the kart, for fifteen seconds. In the start of using the item, boosts the player.
- Spiny Shell - Targets the racer in first place, knocking over all other karts in its path.
- Lightning - Causes all opponents to drop their items, shrink, and drive slowly for a short time.
- Thunder Cloud - Hovers over the recipient, and strikes it with lightning after ten seconds. Before this happens, the user has much higher speed and acceleration while not losing speed when driving off-road, and may pass the cloud to an opponent by bumping into them. Each pass makes the total running time of the thundercloud about 1 second longer.
- Mega Mushroom - The driver grows bigger, which allows them to squash other racers by running over them making them lose their items and slow down for a moment, provide invincibility from all terrain and items, and giving a speed boost. Also, the player will not lose any coins if you fall.
- Super Hammer - Allows the player to shoot seven normal sized hammers, which knocks over the kart when hits.
- Bullet Bill - Transforms the player into a Bullet Bill, rocketing through the track with auto-pilot, and providing invincibility from all terrain and items.
- POW Block - Appears on screen and causes any racer on the ground ahead of the user to spin out and drop their items, only with a milder version of the effect.
- Boomerang Flower - Can be thrown up to three times, hitting racers forward and when it returns.
- Piranha Plant - Automatically chomps on obstacles and other racers, giving a short speed boost for each bite.
- Super Horn - Emits a radial shockwave hitting racers, as well as destroying all obstacles and items.
- Luma - A red Luma helps you for fifteen seconds.